day 92, and a new challenge for april
yesterday, i had the great honor of photographing a birth for the very first time. not only was this something i've been dying to do since i found out it was a thing, but it was extra wonderful because my best friend was the one having the baby. i'll save all the sappy cheesy fru fru words about how much i love her and how much this experience meant to me when i blog the photos. my point is this- i have a tooooooooooon of pictures to work through and edit, and my multi-tasking skills have been less than stellar lately. on top of that, my camera is very much overdue for it's yearly cleaning (i was putting it off for fear of not having it on hand when the above mentioned friend went into labor), which means at some point soon it'll be in the shop for a camera spa day. and, since my intention at the beginning of the second round of my 365 was to dedicate a month to learning how to create gorgeous pictures with my iPhone, i decided that this would be the perfect time for me to set down my dslr and work on my iphoneography skills for a month.
so, here are my rules for the month of april:
- all photos will be taken and edited on my iPhone only
- photos can be run through photoshop for watermarking only (until i figure out how to watermark on my phone this will have to be how i do it!)
- at least one blog post per week (so i don't fall too far out of routine)
- at least two images a week need to be taken using a lens attachment (to stretch my creativity!)
- continue to use the project 52 prompts as a guide for shooting
so, with all of that in mind, here's the images i took today. the first one is on prompt:
and these are two i just took for fun, cause i'm gonna lean into this "phone only photography" thing.